Discover the magic and nostalgia of weddings through the generations at York Castle Museum. You and your hen party will be able to join members of our History Team for a fascinating tour through original costume, artefacts and recipes of bygone days – all with a wonderful sense of fun!
The hen party activity session is a three-part programme:
- Costumes and artefacts: One of our knowledgeable curators will unveil 8 objects from our collections to explain their significance and history to weddings and brides in the past.
- Afternoon tea.
- Making or baking: You might make a ‘bride cake’ in the historic kitchen or a historically-inspired wedding garter. Choose from a brilliant range of fun activities to round off your day.
- Each activity takes approximately one hour.
- Activities are designed for groups of up to 15 people.
- Each activity cost £50.00 per person.